Wednesday 4 November 2015

ACW skirmishers to the fore.

Having set up the table for the Battle of Hangman's Creek scenario from the Black Powder rule book, I realised that I had not painted up any skirmishers for either side. I was going to use a regiment of dismounted cavalry in their place, but it just didn't look right, so after bumping the generals down the painting queue, I have completed about a dozen stands of skirmishers for each side.

I have based them up in a mixture of fours, fives and sixes to give some variation. Union on the left, Confederates on the right.


From the Rebel side.


Also the Union side.


I can now field some Union skirmishers for the battle, The generals are now on the painting board, I want one army commander to represent Bobby Lee on Traveller, I also need some Corps, Division and Brigade generals.

1 comment:

  1. Now I am more eager to see this battle. Bring on the Generals :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.